Sunday, November 15, 2009

Drum




Our class made a trip to the Anchorage Museum, and we had picked an object that really touched us or made a connection with us, or what culture we wanted to learn about. I had came across the Athabaskcan culture and seen the drums. The Athabskan culture has always caught my eye, I have family members who are Athabaskcan, so I thought I would learn more about that culture. The reason I picked the drum was because of the designs, it brought back memories. My head filled with memories to when my parents were together and we would always be out hunting or doing family activities. The drum had pictures of a moose, bird, wolf, a man, and caribou. Animals meant something to me, whether it was hunting it, or just always seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment